Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What I'm Watching

I started a post about hipsters, and then a post about The Bachelorette, but ultimately decided on just letting people know what it is exactly I watch on television, when I do watch it.

Formerly, as of prior summers and so on, I was flipping between four channels, those being:

YTV [www.ytv.com] - a channel that was once mostly cartoons
Teletoon [www.teletoon.com]- a channel for kids and also older kids
Family [www.family.ca] - basically the Disney channel in Canada
MuchMusic [www.muchmusic.ca] - Canadian MTV

These offered a pretty even mix of cartoons and music videos, and a mostly equal ratio that I could deal with. However, upon coming back to Toronto after a year away, I was shocked by a few drastic changes.

-YTV thought it would be really cool if they appealed to an older audience, so they now broadcast shows "for teens" which are not cartoons and not that great.
-Teletoon's cartoons aren't funny or exciting anymore. Those are really the only two categories for comics that there are.
-MuchMusic used to play music videos. What happened? Now most of the blocks are filled with crappy shows and dramas.

Oh Family, what would I do without you? The Summer of '09 has rolled about and I am mostly stuck with reruns of shows that continue to be good, a la The Weekenders, Filmore, and Recess. I have also recently started watching the cooking channel, because I like watching people cook food. The Deadliest Warrior [on Spike TV] was good while it was around, if not a little cheesy.

Oh well, that's what the internet is for- right?

1 comment:

  1. On the internet I have watched almost all of the fifth season of The Office, the first season of Invader Zim, and the second season of The Guild.

    I recommend all of these to you, whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete